Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) 2005, Forterra (Forterra Building Products) has developed a policy and process to ensure that persons with disabilities have equal access to goods and services at Forterra and that the service they receive respects their dignity and independence.
This policy applies to all employees external and internal and contractors representing or performing functions on behalf of the organization.
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Forterra Brick Ltd., Forterra Pipe & Precast, Ltd. and Forterra Pressure Pipe, Inc. is committed to providing excellent customer service to all customers, including people with disabilities. Our commitment extends to the following:
- Forterra will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take their disability into consideration.
- Forterra will provide training to all employees who communicate with customers to ensure they are knowledgeable regarding how to interact and communicate with people with disabilities including both face to face and telephone interaction.
- Forterra will offer multiple ways to communicate with customers, for example: face to face, telephone and e-mail. Should a customer require an alternate method of communication, we will work with them to find an appropriate solution.
- Forterra is committed to servicing people with disabilities who use assertive devices to obtain, use or benefit from our goods and services.
- Forterra will provide training to all employees on the types of assistance devices people with disabilities may use so that they are familiar with the devices.
- Forterra is committed to verbally reviewing a bill of sale (receipt) at the same time of sale and/or answering any questions or concerns a customer with a disability may have.
Use of Service Animals
- Forterra is committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person or service animal. At no time will support persons or service animals be prevented from entering our premises.
- Forterra will provide training to all employees on how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a supper person or service animal.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
- Forterra will provide notice to customers about the planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services used by people with disabilities i.e. stairs.
- The notice will include the reason for the disruption, the anticipated duration of the interruption and any alternate facilities or service available. Notices will be posted at all public entrances and any other relevant locations.
Training for Associates
- Forterra is committed to providing training to all associates’ and contractors who interact with the public and to associates who are involved in the development and approvals of the customer service policies, practices and procedures.
- Training will be provided as part of our on-boarding process for new hires and on an on- going basis for existing associates as AODA requirements and related policies, procedures or practices change or are updated.
- Training will be provided online or face to face unless another alternate format is required.
Training will include:
- What AODA is and the requirement for the Customer Service Standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people who have various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistance device or accompanied by a support person or service animal.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing goods and services.
- Current policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard.
Forterra is committed to providing excellent service to all customers, including those people with disabilities. Feedback about how Forterra is meeting the needs of people with disabilities is welcome and appreciated.
Feedback from customers in our facilities can be made via phone, e-mail or appointment.
E-mail – Dan Grisoni: Dan.Grisoni@Forterrabp.com
All written feedback can be sent to Attention: Human Resources, 5387 Bethesda Road, Stouffville, Ontario, L4A 7X3
To schedule an in person appointment, please call Dan Grisoni at 1-905-640-5151.
All concerns will be reviewed by the Vice President of the division and Senior Human Resources Manager.
Customer complaints will be contacted within 5 business days.
Our 4 Principles of Customer Service
Forterra is committed to providing customer service that enables:
- Dignity – service is provided in a respectful manor.
- Independence – service provided ensures we enable a person with a disability to do things without unnecessary help.
- Integration – service is the same or similar for all customers.
- Equal opportunity – opportunities are the same for all customers.
Modifications of the Customer Service Policy or other related Policies
Forterra will update the Customer Service Policy and related policies and procedures as required, in order to continue to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
For any questions, concerns or comments about the policy please contact: Dan Grisoni at 1-905-640-5151.
This document is available in alternate format upon request.