Headwalls and Wingwalls
Related Case Studies
Find A Rep
Headwalls and Wingwalls are produced to finish and secure the ends of gravity pipe, box culverts and bridge sections.
They are designed to function together with the conduit to provide a sound, functional and permanent structure.
Headwalls and Wingwalls are used where:
- The conduit enters or exits finished grade
- Flow must be channeled into or out of a conduit
- The earth embankment surrounding the pipe must be retained
- The exposed pipe ends pose a danger to traffic
- Appearance of the pipe end is important
Headwalls and Wingwall systems can include:
- Free-standing wingwalls
- Free-standing headwalls
- Precast aprons
Every conduit size and shape has a corresponding Headwalls and Wingwalls system available.
Headwall and Wingwall systems are usually connected structurally to the adjacent conduit.