Headwalls and Wingwalls
Related Case Studies
Headwalls and Wingwalls are produced to finish and secure the ends of pipe, box culverts and bridge sections. They are designed to function together with the conduit to provide a sound, functional and permanent structure.
Head- and Wingwalls are used where:
- The conduit enters or exits finished grade
- Flow must be channeled into or out of a conduit
- The earth embankment surrounding the pipe must be retained
- The exposed pipe ends pose a danger to traffic
- Appearance of the pipe end is important
Headwall and Wingwall systems can include:
- Free-standing wingwalls
- Free-standing headwalls
- Precast aprons
Every conduit size and shape has a corresponding Head- and Wingwall system available.
Headwall and Wingwall systems are usually connected structurally to the adjacent conduit.