Precast Junction Boxes
Related Case Studies
Precast Junction Boxes are used to provide service access and to achieve changes in pipe size, type or direction. They're also useful for changes in elevation or merging two or more upstream pipes into a single larger downstream pipe. Forterra junction boxes accommodate all pipe sizes, shapes and materials.
Precast Junction Boxes are normally available in sizes as small as 12" x 12" and as large as can be safely shipped and handled. Please contact your local Forterra representative for specific sizes.
Precast Junction Boxes can include:
- Protective linings and coatings as required
- Cored or block-out openings to the required diameter and elevation
- A wide variety of access openings
The following joints are normally available for Precast Junction Structures:
- Tongue and groove with preformed mastic or plastic gaskets
- Butt joints with mastic or performed plastic gaskets
The following specifications apply to precast junction boxes:
- ASTM C858 — Underground Precast Concrete Utility Structures
- ASTM C913 — Standard Specification for Precast Concrete Water and Wastewater Structures
- DOT, municipal, utility or agency specifications