Circular Reinforced Concrete Pipe
The Circular Reinforced Concrete Pipe is the most readily available and most cost efficient of the concrete pipe shapes available.
Reinforced Concrete Pipe is designed for:
- Sanitary sewers
- Storm drains
- Jacked or tunneled systems
- Low head pressure water transmission
Reinforced Concrete Pipe is normally available in diameters from 12 inches through 144 inches.
The following joints are normally available for reinforced concrete pipe:
- tongue and groove with mastic or butyl sealant
- concrete joint with confined O-ring gasket, rubber or neoprene
- concrete joint with single-offset and profile gasket, rubber or neoprene
- steel-end rings with confined O-ring gasket, rubber or neoprene (U.S. Bureau of Reclamation Joint Type R-2)
A variety of linings and coatings are available as dictated by project conditions.
A wide variety of fittings and specials is available to augment circular pipe. Specials include:
- ASTM C76/AASHTO M170 — Reinforced Concrete Culvert, Storm Drain and Sewer Pipe
- ASTM C655 — Reinforced Concrete D-Load Culvert, Storm Drain and Sewer Pipe
- ASTM C443/AASHTO M198 — Joints for Circular Concrete Sewer and Culvert Pipe Using Rubber Gaskets
- ASTM C361 - Specification for Reinforced Concrete Low-Head Pressure Pipe