Forterra Arch® Bridge
Forterra's prefabricated arch bridge components are an affordable, fast and aesthetic way to handle installations where:
- Structural integrity is essential
- Durability and long life are important
- Hydraulic capacity is a concern
- Live load conditions exist
- Short construction time is necessary
ForterraArch is the right solution for:
- Highway culverts
- Highway bridges
- Utility tunnels
- Underground stormwater retention structures
- Pedestrian crossings
- Replacing existing open channels or ditches, allowing land to be used productively
- Material storage structures
ForterraArch is available in spans from 3.7m to 14.6m and center heights up to 12 feet, higher rise with pedestal wall. Units may be placed atop concrete stem walls to achieve greater heights.
Arch sections are butted together and covered with fabric-reinforced mastic strips.
ForterraArch systems meet or exceed the following specifications:
- Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code – CSA S6-06
ForterraArch units can be supplied with precast headwalls, parapets or wingwalls.